Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sesame Chicken Potstickers

I can't remember if I've ever made potstickers. Well, I should have a long time ago. My husband seriously chowed on these. He said these are "very, very good" but he's also regaining his appetite after being sick.

The ground chicken mixture with mushrooms was very "m" (moist, people) and very flavorful due to the soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil. I'm super glad I doubled this recipe to freeze the extras!

 

We enjoyed this with the Crunchy Asian Slaw I've made before.

 

A little close-up of all the "m" action going on!

 

The recipe said to freeze the extras in a single layer overnight and then transfer to a ziplock bag.

My assembly/technique needs to be refined, but I got the job done. And I'll have a happy husband when I pull these out of the freezer sometime soon!

 

Ps I made plain old chicken potstickers for my son. He ate them well enough. It was no trouble to save a few tablespoons of ground chicken to make them. They also were good for taste testing. I was doubtful that they would cook through with only 2-3 minutes per side but they did!

 

Click here for the stolen recipe for Sesame Chicken Potstickers.

 

No comments: