Monday, June 16, 2014

Chocolate Mousse

I made this mousse for Father's Day. I liked that I had all the ingredients in my fridge and pantry. One should always have bittersweet chocolate- you just never know when it will come in handy!

 

I'd never made mousse before but my sister Ana had success with a recipe and when I looked it up I had all the ingredients, the steps seemed easy enough and I had the four hours to chill it before we'd eat it.

The mousse is incredibly rich and delicious. It had a deep chocolate and coffee taste, and even the splash of dark rum could be tasted. My little one said that it tasted like chocolate frosting. I agreed but thought of the chocolate Swiss meringue frosting that I've made before- whipped, shiny, and delicious.

So I would definitely make this again but I would give smaller portions. None of us finished our small cups of mousse. It was a lot of chocolate!

Ahhhh! I just went to look for the recipe link and just realized that the suggested servings for this recipe is 6-8 portions. No wonder it seemd like so much- I portioned it for four! Also, the recipe is Julia Child's Perfect Chocolate Mousse! I found it on David Lebovitz's website and since he's one of my favorite chefs/bloggers I trusted the recipe.

Click here for the stolen recipe for Julia Child's Perfect Chocolate Mousse.

 

No comments: