Monday, July 29, 2013

Pork Medallions with Tarragon Mustard Sauce

This dish was inspired by a dinner I had in Paris. That meal was divine.

My dish was great! I really liked the whole grain mustard texture. It was tangy, and savory, and the tenderloin was melt in your mouth!

 

To make it kid friendly I added simple roasted potatoes and steamed green beans. My James loves his beans! (He even saved one bean, asking if we can plant it for a magic beanstalk!)

This was my Paris plate. The inspiration.

 

My sauce ended up a bit thinner but just as flavorful. A pretty good attempt!

 

I feel like Pioneer Woman with the next few action shots! The pork tenderloin searing in butter and oil...

 

The leeks and garlic getting happy in wine and broth...

 

The meal was so successful that my husband cleaned his plate!

 

I found the recipe online, after a simple google search of "French mustard seed pork". I love google! I think the recipe was pretty darn close. I think I would tweak it to make the sauce a bit creamier, but really it was good as is.

It was French night for sure, I even bought a bottle of Cotes du Rhone wine, but it sure didn't cost me 3 euros!

 

Click here for the stolen recipe for Pork Medallions with Tarragon Mustard Sauce.

 

No comments: