Monday, May 27, 2013

Rhubarb Ginger Crumble

I love when my husband utters these words- "I think this is one of the best things you've made yet."

 

I couldn't go wrong combining his loves of rhubarb and ginger. Really. That man is pretty easy to please :)

Another BEB recipe. Seriously, run don't walk to her blog. She's fabulous. I think I'm a groupie.

I did add a bit more than the 2T of chopped ginger. My husband REALLY loves ginger. I knew we wouldn't be disappointed with a bit more.

I also was leery when I accidentally tasted some of the crumble. It is just flour and butter... so it tasted really bland and dry. DUH. You need to eat it with the rhubarb, ginger and sugar mixture. It is plenty sweet and flavorful.

 

My husband was in heaven. I think he was tempted to eat some for breakfast this morning but he has these weird dessert/breakfast rules for himself. (I don't share such rules!) Well, and then I met his demand for pancake balls, bacon, and eggs for breakfast so he didn't really need any dessert. I'm sure he'll have some for lunch :)

Seriously, you should make this. Six simple ingredients! Rhubarb, ginger, sugar, flour, salt, butter. Easy peasy.

OH MY! Just realized I didn't add the little bit of (divided) sugar to the crumble mixture. That's why it was bland! I forgot the 1/2 cup of sugar. And it still tasted good. It will taste even better next time when I make it correctly! My husband's mind WILL BE BLOWN!

Click here for the stolen recipe for Rhubarb Ginger Crumble.

 

No comments: