Saturday, December 31, 2011

Salted Caramel Cheesecake

I tweaked this recipe quite a bit based on the comments/reviews from the original blogger.  

My changes:
  1. I used the crust recipe from the back of the graham cracker crumb box.  The original recipe would have been way too hard (too much butter) and salty.
  2. I didn't put any salt in the filling.  I figured the salted caramel would be enough salt.
  3. I decreased the sugar from 1 1/4 cups to about 3/4 cups.  It seemed like way too much when you figure the dulce de leche is already sweet,
  4. I used my trusty salted caramel sauce recipe.  Why mess with a good thing?

The cheesecake was wonderful!  Not too sweet but sweet enough with the sauce.  Everything was PERFECT.  Wouldn't change a thing!

So basically it's a caramel cheesecake.  Jim said its the best cheesecake he's ever had!  Better than the Cheesecake Factory.  That's some high praise coming from him.

Now what to do with the rest of it?!  Freeze it (:  Save some for my foodie BFF's at work (:


No comments: