Friday, June 11, 2010

Crunchy Asian Cabbage Salad


The cabbage salad is the only "homemade" thing here. The chicken was grilled on my trusty grill pan after it marinated for an hour in Target brand asian grill paste, and the pasta is basil garlic (dry) pasta that I bought at a farmer's market. It was the first time I used the pasta and we agreed that it needed a sauce or something, besides just the flavoring. Too dry. Anyway, the cabbage salad was great. I didn't find it particularly crunchy but it had a great flavor and it was no fuss. The blogger suggested that this is a perfect picnic salad because it doesn't have any mayo, just various oils and flavors.

I think I was too enthusiastic with the lime juice, which watered down the flavor. Next time I would stick to the proportions of soy sauce and sesame oil. It needed a heavier dose of something something.

We will definitely be making this again! It's a great way to use cabbage!

Click here for the stolen recipe for Crunchy Asian Cabbage Salad.

No comments: